Bedroom Dresser Makeover

$40
1 Day

I've been holding on to an old pine dresser that we bought from Eddie Bauer about 21 years ago. It was very beaten and definitely not going to match my new bedroom decor. However, we do use it, so it has to stay! Therefore, I decided to paint it to match the new trim in our bedroom, and add some antique charm to it, of course!

Pine Dresser Before

Here is the pine dresser before. It used to match a bedroom set, however we replaced the bed and it no longer matched the bedroom.

Paint

I used a quart of C2 gloss Alabaster White paint, C2 One Primer interior/exterior, and a paintbrush.I like the Alabaster white, as it has a bit of an antique look to it. It's not a stark white.

Primer

I painted one coat of C2 Primer on first, let it dry for about 3 hours, and then applied the firstcoat of the C2 Alabaster paint. 

Paint

After 5 coats of paint, there was still a half of a quart left! Bonus for later bedroom projects...

Antique Brass Cupboard Pulls

I ordered 2 of Rugjut 6pcs Kitchen Replacement Antique Brass Cabinet Cupboard PullsDrawer Dresser Ring Handle Knobs from Amazon to replacethe existing wooden knobs.

Bedroom Dresser Makeover After

This was really an easy project, however, it's things like this that remind us how simple it can be totransform a piece of furniture that we already have into something new!

• Alabaster White High Gloss Paint  (Hardware Store)
  • C2 White Primer  (Hardware Store)
  • Paint Brush  (Hardware Store)

Ann

• Michelle

Do you need to sand before adding the primer? I want to paint our kitchen table but I'm not a fan of chalk paint and I really don't want to sand it.

Your dresser looks amazing by the way!