An Old Ladder Re-purposed as a Bed Canopy

I've always dreamed of having a canopy bed...somewhere along the way it switched from "pink and frilly" to "neutral and junky". I am very happy with how it turned out.
My engineer husband very securely attached the brackets to the walls and the old ladder to the brackets...no worries :) Then I draped 2 matching painters drop cloths over 2 of the rungs of the ladder. That's it...easy!
More photos and info at...
http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/2012/07/big-girl-canopy-bedheadboardjunkified.html
Thnanks for taking a peek!!

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Chipping with Charm, Laurel

• Stacie
    Stacie

Could you hang from the ceiling at the other end of the bed hooks to make a curtain to carry a romantic fabric all the way around the be, perhaps fishing wire ? So it's not just behind the bed.

• Kathleen Sozzi
    Kathleen Sozzi

LOVE this idea for a canopy..........but I would drape the fabric like you have it over the bracket to hide it ;-)

• Ann
      Ann

Yes. You could drape it over the brackets only for a wider, bigger look, that’s beautifully rustic with just the ladder showing. . Great job !!

• Lindalovie55
    Lindalovie55

I bought 4 metal brackets with metal rings attached screwed to ceiling at position of directly above bed corners.started at one end and fed voiles through rings up then down across to other end till you have done all four corners. prices depend on material used.