Watch the video and follow the steps below to do this for yourself!
Amethyst Encrusted Brick Wall
Learn how to install thin brick veneer in your home for a rustic vintage look. Then add some real amethyst crystals to make things feel really magical. This tutorial will show you how to recreate this project on an interior wall in your home.
I had white faux brick wallpaper on the accent wall behind the bed before I started .
- Remove wall paper from the wall (if there is any) and wash it with water to remove dirt and dust the day before you begin.
- Decide where you are going to place the amethyst and mark those sections so you don’t accidentally install bricks in those areas.
Use tile adhesive to attach the bricks to the wall. Leave about a finger width between the bricks. Leave spaces where you want to place the crystals.
- Apply brick tiles to wall with tile adhesive. Back butter the bricks and stick them to the wall. Use a level to make sure they are even.
- Cut bricks with a tile saw as needed to make them fit. Or smash with a hammer to break them up.
- Use the tile adhesive to attach the crystals the same way as the brick. Back butter and stick them in. Break up some of the crystals with a hammer to make them smaller and fit.
- After the tile adhesive has dried for a day it’s time to grout.
Using purple acrylic paint, paint the white spaces between the crystals
Use sanded grout and grout inbetween each of the bricks
Let it dry and add some extra crystals in some of the gaps using E6000 Glue
This is the after photo with the room put back together
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go