Feature Outdoor Wood Wall With DIY Planter Boxes

$150

This woodshed has been an eye sore for a few years now. It’s the first thing you see when you drive up to our home and it was ugly.

I had an idea to create a wood slat wall to cover it up, and then create some hanging planters to make it pretty…and I did! I can’t wait to show you!

Create Wood Wall

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I purchased deck boards from Lowe's and since I needed 6' pieces I purchased 12' and had them cut in half right in the store. Saved me from cutting all the boards!I used exterior screws and started screwing them into the posts, making sure they were level.I used two pieces of scrap wood to create even spacing for the whole wall.At the top to create the angle I measured how far up the end of the board would go to where it would hit and used my jig saw to create the angle.So easy and it looks so much better....now just to make it a little more pretty!

Create Planter Boxes

Using scrap wood I created 3 basic boxes. I cut them to size, then used finishing nails to create the boxes.

Paint

I wanted the planter boxes to jump off the wood wall and create contrast so I painted the boxes using Exterior black paint.

Add Flowers

I decided instead of real flowers/plants I would go with faux. These succulents were 80% off when I got them at Michael's! I used foam flower bricks dnd arranged them inside the planters.But I wanted to add just a little something else to the planters.

Cut out Cricut Vinyl

Using my Cricut Explore Air 2 I created 3 little add-ons to put onto the planters.

Attach to the Wood Wall

Using the same screws and the wood boards, I simply screwed the planters directly into the wood boards.I love how they all turned out!

class="step-title fs20">Enjoy

I love this wall and now it's so pretty coming down our driveway! Such a difference!

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Tara Boettger

• Robyn Garner

Great job! Love the words on the plant boxes lol! 😎

• Jgurl

Perfect I have the same issue you have to pass this ugly thing before you turned into my drive way and all the neighbors saw it everyday, my hubby is going to gather the materials and start working on it on his next weekend off I will update with photos as soon as the project is done