Fairy Windows for Your Fairy Homes

$5

I love all things fairy related and so while I'd made fairy doors I wanted some windows as well and didn't see any to buy looked that like there were fairies inside.

DIY can be fun so that's what I did.

Dollhouse Windows

You can find dollhouse sized windows on Amazon, Ebay, or places like Hobby Lobby. I took some apart so I had simple square window frames but I do think I like the tall rectangular windows best.

You can paint or stain them or leave as-is.

Adhesive Vinyl Sheets

You can find adhesive vinyl sheets there also. I mainly wanted black for silhouettes of fairies, yellow to look like the lights are on behind the fairies and perhaps some white for window shades.

You can lay the window over the vinyl and use scissors to cut to size for the square or rectangular pieces.

I'd say it's possible to scissor cut some simple fairy outlines but easiest would be using a Cricut machine or buying on Etsy, etc.

Black Silhouette Fairies

I have a Cricut machine so I used it to cut my black fairy silhouettes. Then I applied them onto the window (on the "inside" of the window) and put a square of yellow vinyl over the fairy silhouette for the "light" and on some I did some white at the top as though the window shades were partially pulled down.

The backside

Here you can see how it looks from the back. I pressed with my finger and a pencil eraser to get it well stuck onto the window glass and wood.

From the front side

This is how it looks from the front. I think it does look like a fairy dancing about in her living room with the lights on!

I did a few as just black vinyl as though all was dark inside the fairy home.

It looks adorable in the summer...

Using something like GE clear waterproof silicone works well to attach your windows to trees and tree stumps. I've had a few come off due to persistent children's fingers but it's easy enough to reattach them.

And holds up in the winter as well!

They look good with the doors we cut & painted. I hope you've enjoyed this easy DIY and it inspires you to add some windows to your fairy homes.

If you want to see other fairy things I've put together you can see them HERE!

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas