DIY Budget Savvy Outdoor Curtains

$50

Yall we are pulling back the DIY budget savvy outdoor curtains on this outdoor hack, (warning: there will be a lot of curtain jokes for the duration of this post). This is the last project of our outdoor series & I am so excited for it to finally be complete!

Something about twinkly lights & sheer curtains makes a space feel extra whimsical & romantic, so of course, the patio needed some ASAP! But have yall looked at the price of “real” outdoor curtains?! They are crazy expensive & did not fit into my teeny tiny budget so I had to DIY my own version.

Here is the links to all the supplies:

DIY Outdoor Curtains And Screened Porch For Under $50

Supplies:

Painting The PVC

Not only are the outdoor curtains expensive but so are the rods. So I decided I would use pieces on PVC instead! This is a great solution because its super cheap & also comes in long pieces.

Start by spray painting the PVC, I went with black satin. 

TIP: Do not let the PVC stay out in the sun for extended periods of time because it will bend & warp.

Hanging The PVC

To hang the PVC along the ceiling I used 5 pound Command Hooks. Be sure to follow the directions for applying them to ensure the best hold.

Cutting Down The PVC

Once the PVC is dry you can cut them down to size & hang them on the Command hooks. I recommend hanging them in shorter runs so that they will be more sturdy & easier to work with. For instance for a 12ft long area cut them at 6ft.

DIY Outdoor Curtains

Next I added my sheer curtains I bought from Walmart. They were like $5 a piece which is a great deal! Don’t be like me though & just eyeball the length you will need them because you will be wrong & they will be short. Trust me!

Waterproofing The Curtains

After the curtains are hung use Scotch Guard Water Repellant spray to waterproof the them. This will help extend the curtains life & keep them from looking dingy. I gave each curtain two really good coats.

Tying Back The Curtains

This rope is leftover from another project & I simply use it to tie back the curtains when we are not using them!

Ta-Da

Thats it yall! It feels complete out here now & like a true oasis. The outdoor lights actually give off some great light too so evening dinner parties can really be a thing now!

Total Cost

This DIY outdoor curtain hack cost me less than $50 for everything which is a big win for me & my wallet! I even used the left over water repellant spray on my DIY bench cushion.

Completed Project

Now that the final project is complete, operation patio makeover can come to an end! I will be posting the complete reveal on the blog & doing a tour on our Instagram stories so be sure to stay tuned!

Want to see more of my DIY outdoor projects?! Head this way!

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
Lia with Southern Yankee DIY

• Maureen

Yes. I wanted something for inside. It looks simple and inexpensive.

• Eliza

This is also good for suspending a privacy 'drape' in front of windows without blocking light ... snooping neighbors...but also might attract non neighbors...will be trying to build a small side patio & this is definitely less expensive than a fence ... hmmmm