Tipsy Planter Fairy Garden

$50

It's been quite a while since I paired creativity with the use of my green thumb. Several years ago, I created a Primitive Tipsy Pot Planter and I felt like it was time to do something similar, but this time, I wanted to give it a little bit of a twist.

I have had a 2 tiered stand laying around for quite a while. Unsure what to do with it, I just let it lay in my workshop, knowing that one day I'd come up with some use for it. About a month ago, my daughter saw it while we were cleaning the garage and told me that we should turn it into a fairy garden. I absolutely loved her idea, so we ran with the thought, changing up a few things as we went, and created our very own mini Tipsy Planter Fairy Garden! This could be a great project for anyone, and especially for kiddos to help an adult with! You may not have exactly what we used, but look around your home, garage, sheds, thrift stores and see what you can find! Be creative! Most importantly, have fun!

Read below to see how we accomplished our latest little indoor garden of fun.

Starting with a disassembled tray, we discarded the top portion, but kept the larger bottom portion, as well as the center support and handle. I chose a drill bit that was slightly larger than the support piece, and drilled one hole into the center each of the three buckets. I also drilled several smaller hole into the bottom tray for drainage.

We added potting soil into the bottom tray + the three buckets, then put each bucket onto the 'handle' through the hole that we drilled. At this point, you can tip the pots whichever way you feel looks best. Next C. got to planting! All of the plants were purchased locally in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. We worked a while on getting plants put into the spots where we felt that they fit best, and then went around the garage, house and C's bedroom and gathered found items to place into the fairy garden! This is the fun part! Use what you have and don't be afraid to give something else a new purpose, like turning an old jar lid into a fairy pond! As time goes on, you can change things up, put in different plants as well as different accessories. Don't be afraid to be a little weird and little whimsy with your design, it's a fairy garden after all!

Below you can see more photos as well as steps that we took to complete our Tipsy Planter Fairy Garden!

This will also be added to my blog this weekend, and you will be able to find more images as well over there!

http://www.anchoredway.com

The two tiered tray that we started with, before we disassembled it.

Disassemble Tray.

The tray disassembled. + The Small buckets we purchase online at Wal Mart.

Drill Holes into the buckets.

The small metal bucket before drilling. For this part, I used Dewalt Titanium Pilot Point Drill Bits.

Small metal bucket after drilling hole.

Gather potting soil and plants.

Assembled, getting ready for adding potting soil and plants! (Plants shown on the left side were used in a different project!)

Add potting soil.

Miss C. adding in potting soil.

Add Plants!

Potting soil and first plants added! C. continued adding in the plants and then worked on making small ladders out of sticks we gathered on our afternoon walk.

Make Ladders out of found sticks!

Sticks C. gathered to make little ladders!

Glue sticks together.

Freshly glued ladder.

Set stick ladders aside and let dry.

Letting the ladder dry.

Place ladders into fairy garden.

Placing the ladders into the garden.

All Done!

After!

Tipsy Planter Fairy Garden is complete!

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Memorial Day Crafts
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Anchored Way Trading Co.

• Peggi McCown Thomison

What are the names of the plants you use in this project?

• Anchored Way Trading Co.

Hi Peggi! I don't have exact names at this time, but shopped the succulent area in my local greenhouse, they even usually have sections with 'mini' plants just for fairy gardens! I will try to get exact names soon and will reply again once I do!

• Maeve

It's gorgeous but why did you need a two tiered tray ? I can only see the bottom tier

• Anchored Way Trading Co.

Hi Maeve! A two tier tray isnt neccesary for this, it is just what 'I' had laying around and used, you could definitely use any kind of 'tray' that you had laying around or found in a store! For this, I used the bottom tier of the tray AND also used the metal support bracket that connected the two tiers together, this part, I used still as a support to thread the buckets onto.! Hope that answers your question!

• Jenilynnecook

How did you get the buckets to tip-what type of Rod did you use? You skipped this step on instructions!