Fall Citrus Garland

$5

Have you seen pictures of garland floating around the internet made from real oranges? I love the simplicity of it and the fruit to me is the perfect Summer to Fall transitional decor. I decided to finally try and make my own, which was completely free since I already had all the materials on hand!

Slice Oranges

After trying a couple different thicknesses, I found slicing around 1/4” thick worked the best. Not too thin so they burn, but not too thick so they don’t properly dry out.

Fill Baking Sheet and Bake

Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and place oranges on top so they aren’t touching. Next, take a paper towel and press on top of the oranges to remove excess juice and moisture.

Bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours. I highly recommend removing them every 30 minutes to flip and make sure they are drying evenly!

Gather Additional Supplies

Now that your slices are perfectly crispy, you will need some string or twine and some faux leaves if you wish to add them. I had one pick from the Dollar Tree laying around which gave me enough leaves for the entire garland. I told you this was cheap!

String Though Slices

Since the string was a little thick to thread I actually just poked a hole in the slice with a needle and pushed the string though. You should find the flesh of the orange really easy to work with!

Build Your Garland

How you choose to make your garland is totally up to you! I spaced moderately and only added in leaves every few slices. Another added bonus is these smelled really amazing when putting them together!

Overall, I am super happy with how these turned out and they really couldn’t be easier! I think this will also make some cute decor come Christmastime as well! In the meantime, I am also going to try some other dried fruits with the same method for Fall—most likely apples and pears. If you give them a try also, I would love to hear your experience below!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?

• Diane

Have you tried sprinkling with clove, cinnamon, etc as they are drying?

• Rachel | Faith Hope Home

I have not. You would have to do so before putting in the oven though, because afterwards they are dried out and it wouldn’t stick.