Halloween Tree #2

$20

I made a Halloween Tree sequel!

A followup post to my original Halloween Tree post. I know what you're thinking too:

"This is a lot like the first one!" ...Yes, but no! So basically yes, but technically no...Yes/No.

I had a bunch of ideas for the title of this Hometalk post. Titles like:

-Halloween Tree 2: Cruise Control

-Halloween Tree 2: Judgment Day

-Halloween Tree 2: Resurgence

-Too Fast, Too Halloween Tree

-Look Who's Halloween Tree Too

-Caddyshack 2

Halloween Tree 2

This tree has more colors, more characters and I'm even going to add a fire emoji!

The ornaments!

Yeah, I know, I know...I used ornaments last time too, but we're going to do something different this time around.

Spoongebob's voice: "We're going to make cute Halloween characters!!"

Why red?

I have red chalk paint leftover from a roll top desk project. I'm not going to share that project, because I want to focus on this one.

Sike! Here it is:

roll-top-desk-flip

That color is Annie Sloan Emperor's Silk. A little expensive too. Annie Sloan, more like Annie Slay, because she is slaying the chalk paint game.

Curly Sue

I had two ornaments with little curlicue designs all over them. I had to Google the spelling of 'curlicue' too.

I did something pretty cool with these ornaments! You'll find out soon!

Paint them!

White paint over red chalk paint is a bad idea folks! The red will bleed-through, so you'll need like six coats of white paint. Silly goose move on my part.

Pretty embarrassed about the white over red. Almost as embarrassed as the time I spent pronouncing 'faux' as fox....like most of my life, I've been saying fox. Just a dude in his 30's talking about fox finishes.

Drawing tools!

Textile markers and paint markers are easy to draw with. If you're bad at drawing, these won't help! They're not...magic markers...are you rolling on the floor laughing right now? Marker puns anyone? I used bamboo skewers to draw with too.

Markers!

Paint markers, permanent markers and textile markers should all work. You don't want the paint to smear, so this is important.

Bamboo skewers!

I turned the curlicue ornaments into cute Freddy Kruegers! Use the skewers to paint small details.

Skewers!

OMG, it's a cute vampire!

Small Paint Brushes!

Don't waste the markers on large areas. Use a small paint brush and paint.

Annie Slaying The Wax Game!

Wax the ornaments to protect them!

Cuteness Overload!

These cutesy faces are really easy to draw. For me, extremely difficult! You see, I'm such a manly man, it's hard to draw faces like these without the marker exploding in my hand.

I did it for you guys!

We have pumpkins, vampires, frankensteins, a ghost that looks like an alien, mummies, and Freddies.

Ornaments!

My lovely wife Mariko likes this tree more.

She straight up told me to my face, "I like this tree so much more!"

One more again!

Some people HATE cute Halloween stuff. HATE it!

You should read some of my workshop messages.

What do you think?

Spray Paint The Tree!

You can easily spray paint a tree any color! I hot glued on some fake air plants to make the tree a little fuller.

Green Fairy Lights!

Fairy lights are cheap on Amazon and AliExpress! The tree skirt is just black fabric.

Extra Swagger!

Ball picks and purple and orange ornaments. I found these at the dollar too!

Halloween Tree

The finished tree! I have a post for those blue walls too:

https://www.hometalk.com/44034036/wainscoting-project

Finished!

I really like how it looks and these ornaments are kids friendly.

In the future, I'm not going to paint the ornament caps. I'm going to pull them off, paint the ornaments and then put them back on.

Finished!

I hope you liked this post! I can see myself making five million more Halloween trees in the future.

15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Perfectly Round Tables
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/bryansworkshop