2 Easy Steps to Flock a Christmas Tree & More

$8

DO YOU LOVE THE LOOK OF SNOW ON A CHRISTMAS TREE? HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE YOUR HOME INTO A WINTER WONDERLAND THIS YEAR WITHOUT ALL THE MESS?

I'm sharing 2 Easy Steps to Flock a Christmas Tree & more, without all that mess. You can easily add faux snow to trees, wreaths, pinecones and in addition, they stay looking great year after year!

ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO FLOCK A TREE

This is a simple no mess method that I've been using for several years and it is a quick 2 step method.

1. Mix light weight spackling with small amount of water
  2. Brush onto tree branches with a chip brush
Mix Spackling with wate

First, mix the spackling with a small amount of water, gradually adding until you have a mayonnaise like consistency. Note: Be sure you are using lightweight spackling. Regular spackling isn't recommended.

BEGIN FLOCKING YOUR TREE

I'm starting on a small 4' tree that I've had for a couple of years, however I received a new frosted tree from Balsam Hill and wanted this tree to match more closely. To protect your table from splatters and drips, cover with a drop cloth or a piece of wax paper. If you have mixed properly, the mess will be minimal. Begin by adding a small amount of spackling to your chip brush and gently brush over the top limbs of the artificial tree.

Matching to other trees that are flocked

Because I wanted to match the new larger tree more closely, the tree trunk was also flocked. You can use more of the spackling for a heavier flocking.The tree was completely covered in less than 10 minutes. Obviously, a larger tree would take much longer.

The Finished Flocking Projects

Within less than an hour, several flocking projects are completed and after another couple of hours, they are ready to display. The tree on the right was flocked last year using this same method! It looks just as good this year after being stored. If you'd like to see more examples of this flocking method, be sure to link to the blog site linked below.

Warning!!!

Now you are ready to start flocking everything in sight. This 2 Easy Steps to Flock a Christmas tree is addictive. This really is serious, because you have to control yourself or everything will be flocked. If you like Christmas DIY Projects, you might like to know how to dry fruit to use for holiday crafts or how to make a garland using dried fruit and herbs.

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Rachel The Ponds Farmhouse

• Tish
    Tish

Could you also add either Epsom salts or regular salt, sprinkled on the drywall compound while it was wet, to get a REAL snow ❄️ look? Give it a little sparkle as you went? It takes a bit to dry, so...?

• Rachel The Ponds Farmhouse
      Rachel The Ponds Farmhouse

Rush, yes you can add glitter or anything you wish, however anything added may cause more flaking of the spackling when dry. When I’ve just used with water, it dries hard and doesn’t flake.

• Schoener
    Schoener

Nice job! Just would like to know if this is safe for children and pets?

• Sandra L Warren
    Sandra L Warren

I love ...love the little snowman on the desk! Do you have instructions on that???? Please share!?!?!?!