Christmas Bells From PVC

$20

These vintage looking Christmas bells are a great knock off to the beautiful bells we’re all seeing on Instagram and in the magazines.

You can use any size pvc piping as long as you have the pvc caps that coordinate with the pipe.

you could also use soup cans as they are approximately the same diameter as the pipe.

I used my chop saw and cut the pipe at different lengths.

These are the pvc caps I used. Your hardware store should have different sizes. I chose to pick the caps that are the same diameter as the pipe as opposed to caps that fit over the pipe. (You will eventually glue the two pieces together).

I then used a bit and drilled a hole in all my caps.

I used these curtain rod hooks.

I put the clip down through my opening I drilled.

You can clip your string for the dowel piece to this if you do it before you glue the two pvc parts together. Otherwise you will have to feed the string through the top. Either way works fine.

I cut my dowel pieces with the chop saw as well.

I then drilled a hole through each piece. This is so you can feed the string through and tie it.

I glued the cap to the pipe pieces with hot glue. I then used electrical tape around the joint because the glue looked a little messy.

I also added a skinny piece of washi tape around the base of the pipe. This isn’t necessarily but I thought it would give it a bit of interest.

Spray them gold, Dan some brown or black on them to give them an aged look and attach your string and dowel.

That’s it!! I’m really loving them.

The more the “merrier”!! Lol

Here’s my inspiration photo.

The bells are quite pricey and I couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on something like that. Hope you enjoyed this DIY!!

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!

• Sonja
    Sonja

The apothecary cabinet is fabulous! Where ever did u get that??

• Linda steaples
      Linda steaples

I was just thinking about asking where the card stock cabinet was from thanks for sharing i am making my Christmas crafts & I LOVE THE BELLS !!!!

• Tara Robinett
    Tara Robinett

What kind of chop saw do you use? Also, what is the difference between a chop saw and a compound miter saw? BTW I like the bells!

• HandyGirl
      HandyGirl

Btw bells look great! Love the idea. Wondering how soup cans would look. That’s a great idea too....

• Lela
    Lela

yes I am making the bells I actually have everything except the hooks thanks I love the bells just could not pay that much money. The beautiful sign did you make it also? It has inspired me I have to start looking for some great gingerbread to make one. keep up the great work. Will be watching you.