SANTA CLAUS ORNAMENT MADE FROM AIRDRY CLAY

$7

Final stretch of 2020 has come. While this year has not been good to us. Surely there are lot's of things to celebrate. A year round of DIYs and how to projects made the quarantine more tolerable.

Last night a also watched The Christmas Chronicles 2 which made me giddy crafting a Mr. & Mr. Claus Ornament.

Follow along to try the project :)

Before making this craft I suggest that you prepare the clay colors first.

The colors you will need here are:

1. white
  2. red
  3. green
  4. pale brown (achieved by mixing white and very small amount of brown acrylic paint or food color)
  5. black

First roll your pale brown clay to create a head shape. Smoothen it and create eyes and nose.

Next, using your xacto knife create a beard shape.

Then roll small white clay to form Santa's mustache and position it above the beard. Using your xacto knife create hair texture by running through it carefully. I use water to make sure that every part is attached safely.

Do the same thing with the eyebrow before adding the hat.And roll small black clay for its eyes .

Let it dry for about 5 minutes and then add a holly leaf to complete the look. I'm not quiet good with leaf details so I used a cutter to achieve a perfect shape.

To create the glasses, use jump rings and position it around Santa's eyes and attach using super glue.

I have not included that part here but you can check it on the step by step guide YouTube video I linked below.

I also added a guide on how to make Mrs. Claus. :)

Hope you like this craft and if you have any questions comment down below. Happy December. Stay safe! xoxo

15 Memorial Day Crafts
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017