Mid Century Modern Bedroom Set Update

$50

I purchased this mid century modern bedroom set on my local Facebook marketplace to give it a new look. The top was white formica while the body was a dark brown finish. I didn't like that and decided to go with a light design.

Before

The first step was to start sanding the drawers. I really liked the cute checkers design in the front. It was actually part of the original veneer design. I started sanding it with 120 then 220 sandpaper grit.

One drawer sanded

Once I sanded the first drawer I loved what I saw! The checkers pattern showed even more I had hoped and the wood was actually quite light!

I sanded all drawers

The whole set was sanded down. ( drawers ) and the rest was going to be painted white!

White wash

I liked the drawers but decided to do a light white wash on them to compliment the white paint I was going to use on the body.

Once it was all done I applied a polycylic clear coat. If you like this transformation and would like to see more in real time follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July

• Aimee
    Aimee

I love this!

• Julie M.
    Julie M.

Wow! What a find! LOVE that checkerboard and you did an amazing transformation!!!! Thanks for sharing!