Black Beauty | Dining Table Upcycle

$100
Advanced

A client asked me to upgrade her dining room table, to a matte black (or somewhat matte) this was the first table I have done for someone besides my own! And I stained mine. I knew this would require more product, more time, and more patience, and it was a PROCESS! But, i am very happy with the outcome despite the challenges. And so is my client 🙌🏻

Before (in clients house)

This wasn’t 100% real wood, it was a mixture of particle bird, and plywood.

Disassembled makes the painting process easier

Sanded down! (Yikes, it always looks worse before it gets better haha) I texted my client this photo and said “do you trust me?!” Hahaha

Primer! I used BIN shellac based primer from zinsser. 2 coats.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

These saw horses from master craft have been a life saver! I got them for 13$! Regular 60$ each

Black! I used country chic liquorice. It took a lot of product, but I knew how durable this would be with using their paint.

This is 3 coats dried ! I love how flat their paint settles. Zero roll lines!

This was my smile before spraying the top coat..... my paint sprayer took flakes of little white paint dried and onto my paint!!!! Ahhhh!!! So I tried my best to redo it and than I rolled my top coat on with a foam roller.... BIG mistake. Lines everywhere. And black shows every imperfection.

so I had to redo, the 2 coats of black paint after sanding out the white flakes.

so I rolled on my polyurethane with a microfibre roller, and even tho once you apply the coats, you see roll lines, DONT TOUCH IT! do you utmost to not mess with it. The lines will even out!

And I’d say looks pretty damn good!

Done!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year

• Gloria
    Gloria

The top coat u used says "Rocksolid" and looks like a garage floor covering. It not cross reference to Amazon with same name. Did you use something different? I'm trying to get all my supplies ready and want to make sure I get the correct ones .

• Susie
    Susie

PS: I see you swapped out the chairs - where did you purchase them? They look great with your ‘new’ table!

• Bek
    Bek

THANK YOU! I have a few (OK, several) pieces of this type furniture, and have been afraid to try to give them a new touch. Now I know that it can be done, done beautifully, and how to do it!