DIY Plant Wall for a Small Space

$5

Hello! I am crazy about plants. I have them all over my home. I always looking for ways to incorporate them into my home. Today I am sharing a quick and Easy DIY plant wall that I made for our guest room.

Then fun part off this project was I had everything on hand! Love when that happens. It started with a piece of drag that I had laying in my basement. I had found it for 2.00 at an antique store in my town.

I took a piece of sand paper to knock off the worst of the rust and then used rust-oleum spray paint in matte black to cover the rust. I used two coats and let it dry overnight.

I had several feet of felt leftover from another project and it turned out to be perfect for this project. I need something to hold the plants that water would not bother too much. It is a heavier gauge felt and has a lot of strength to it.

I used leather cording to "stitch" the felt together. Then used the same cord to tie it to the metal drag- old fencing would be great for this too.

Next step was to add the plants.

I made four felt pouches for the plants.

Then I used the same leather cord at the top to hold the wall planter. Once I had added my easy care plants it was ready to go. I did realize after the first round of watering that since I didn't want to remove the plants every watering day they needed to be lined with plastic. A very easy fix.

The final thing I added was furniture protectors on the bottom corners to protect the wall!

Plant Wall

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Libbie B

• Coco
    Coco

Gorgeous! Did you put anything else into the bags to keep the water from going through, especially seeing that you used pothos plants?

• KRistin
    KRistin

Ok maybe I am just not thinking... but what is the best way to water this hanger. It’s an awesome idea but that’s my only concern

• Mia Lugar
      Mia Lugar

You can get plastic dollar store ketsup and mustard squirter bottles. They m

ay not be the best idea, but maybe better than pouring.

• Robyn Garner
    Robyn Garner

Really nice but I clicked the link for the metal drag and it costs $109.99! Not a budget project unless you have it on hand.

• Melinda Johnson
    Melinda Johnson

Im excited to do this. This would be nice to hang off the wood fence and plant herbs or flowering plants in them to. I love the idea. And you can find the fence wire cheep to. Just look at old recycle stores etc.