Affordable Ways to Organize Outside Storage Cabinets

7 materials
$100

I wanted to organize my outside cabinets to help me find things easily when gardening and doing stuff outside. All this stuff was stored in various areas like the shed, garage, and cabinet. I wanted to gather it all in one place for easy access and hopefully help with no duplicate purchases. Check out how I did it.

Here is one of the cabinets empty. I have three of them. One was the original cabinet (this one) I had for years and the other two cabinets I purchased from Wayfair at the end of the season.

To keep the tools clean, you can add sand to a bucket and add some mineral oil in a bucket mixed in with the sand. Then, stand the blades of the tools into the bucket. See this image below for guidance. Visit the blog for the website source link on how to do this. I found that my older not protected aluminum didn't do well in this mineral oil and sand mixture, but that was OK since I was planning on replacing them.

I gathered all the insecticides together. I like to separate it by chemicals and organic ones. Keeping them separate reminds me that I can use some near my vegetable and herb gardens and others I can not.

I folded up the furniture tarps for the wintertime. They were all over the house; having them all in one cabinet really did help. I then labeled the shelves so I knew where to put the items when not in use.

I placed all the tarp ropes in a bin for easy access.

There are some bags that were opened and needed a home, so I used this old Ikea bin with an open-top to easily store these closed bags.

Labeling shelves helped me keep the areas of lose items organized.

Here is what the finished organizing cabinet bin looks like.

Here is the other cabinet organized.

Here are the two cabinets I organized and closed. I used a carabiner to keep them locked. We get lots of wind so doing this saves the doors from breaking off.

Here is the inside of the out-of-season tarps storage and ropes needed, plus other supplies.

Here is the third cabinet for the other out-of-season stuff.

Sabrina's Organizing

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 8 comments
Next