Tyesha T
Tyesha T
  • Richmond, VA

DIY Pallet Farmhouse Table

I'm a country girl at heart and my next house will be a farmhouse for sure...animals included, lol! But for right now we're right here in the city, and I wanted to bring a tad bit of country into my life or more like my dining room.
See how we turned an ordinary table into a Pallet Farmhouse Table @
http://thehousemadehome.blogspot.com/2012/05/get-on-that-dining-room-already-part-i.html
He started by taking the pallets apart and saving the existing nails to re-use later.
Once he had enough he started to lay them out on the table for placement and size.  I also didn't want everything to match up [again I like rustic] and when you have three boys in the house--my two step son's and my eight year old brother who visits often and a two year old little girl who is more destructive then her older brothers - rustic is great! Because when it does get nicked here and there it looks like it was supposed to be that way. Tricks of a mother ;-)
Once he had enough he started to lay them out on the table for placement and size. I also didn't want everything to match up [again I like rustic] and when you have three boys in the house--my two step son's and my eight year old brother who visits often and a two year old little girl who is more destructive then her older brothers - rustic is great! Because when it does get nicked here and there it looks like it was supposed to be that way. Tricks of a mother ;-)
Once they were all laid out he marked the length on each side of the table and cut the ends evenly with a skill saw.  Yes this was all done inside....I'm still cleaning up saw dust, lol!
Once they were all laid out he marked the length on each side of the table and cut the ends evenly with a skill saw. Yes this was all done inside....I'm still cleaning up saw dust, lol!
Tyesha T