DIY Bird Bath From Repurposed Vase and Plate

This bird bath project just doesn’t get any easier! This repurposed vase and plate were the perfect second-hand finds and easily transformed into a beautiful and functional patio element.
I spotted the vase in a corner of a thrift shop, obscured by a variety of other items. As soon as I saw it I fell in the love the shimmering purples, pinks and greens of the mosaic design and immediately knew it would make an ideal stand for a bird bath if it was inverted with the base up. With that thought in mind, I turned my attention to the shelves stacked with dinnerware and serving bowls and there it was – a large purple circular serving plate; the perfect color and size with a wonderful texture on the underside that looked like water drops. It was simply meant to be!
I applied a glass adhesive available in any hardware or craft store and for under $12.00 including the cost of the glue I was able to create a unique and colorful addition to my deck that is both beautiful and functional.

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Starr Durrant

• Donna Addams

What kind of glue and where can you buy it
  • Liz R.

Seems like it would be really short? Is it used on a table top? Is that a taller than normal vase or is that one of those vases you can put in the corner of a room for cattails and like items? I really like this idea!

• Starr Durrant

Hi Liz - It's about 22" tall - a great height and seems to attract a lot of butterflies as well.

• Meemee2

I love this, but is the vase painted? I have used vases outside and either the sun has cracked, faded and peeled the beautiful colors or the rain has destroyed the beautiful jewel tones. Did you use something to protect the vase.

• P

It is gorgeous! 2 ways to keep mosquitoes from breeding in it: hang a widchime over it & let end of windchime flapper brush the water - and/or put pennies or copper in bottom - copper prevents their eggs from hatching!

• Shirley Stokes

Beautiful idea. Thanks for sharing.