Leaf Stamped Napkins

These leaf stamped napkins can be made using the tree just outside your front door! They're a quick and low-cost way to bring a little nature to your dining table this fall.
Supplies Needed:
Leaves
Napkins
Craft Paint
Paintbrush
Rolling Pin
Paper Towel
Choose a leaf and turn it over so the more veiny side is facing up. Dot craft paint on each leaf. I wanted to go with brown paint for this project but decided a little sparkle wouldn’t hurt, so I opted for a metallic brown paint.
Brush paint across back of the leaf using a brush. I found a roller doesn’t distribute enough paint, so a brush is your better option.
Turn leaf over and carefully position it on your cloth napkin however you’d like it.
Lay a paper towel over the leaf (this will ensure your rolling pin doesn’t get paint on it which could transfer to other spots on your napkin, making a mess of your project) and then firmly roll over your leaf with the rolling pin, transferring the paint to your napkin.
Gently lift leaf from napkin – and you’re done! {See more on my blog All Things G&D - just click the link at the bottom of this post!}

The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
All Things G&D

• Jacqueline Lambert
    Jacqueline Lambert

How do you seal the paint once leaf pattern is transferred to avoid it being washed off?
    • Sunny
      Sunny

I let mine dry for a day, then use an iron to set the design. Just remember to iron the back side of the napkin.