DIY: Easy Fall Acorn Wreath

In a recent post, I shared about how important it is to have pretty and tidy porches to welcome guests into your home, and today, I'm going to show you how to dress up your door with a beautiful acorn wreath. This wreath is so easy, fun for the kids, and on the cheap! Let's just jump right in......here's what you'll need:
Supplies:
1.LOTS of acorns
2.A wreath form of your choice and size { I bought a straw wreath for $2.47 from Walmart}
3.Hot glue gun and extra glue sticks
4.Satin or burlap ribbon for hanging
First, let's gather those acorns! We have lots in our yard, but they are quite small, so we went to a local park and collected along the walking trail. There were thousands! It's just such a glorious time of year for walking anyway! We took some little bags with us and just collected as we walked.
Take your wreath form and begin hot gluing each acorn, one by one. It takes a while! My daughter and I plugged in two hot glue guns and tackled it together. See, a great activity to do with your kids! It'll look something like this as you go along:
After a while it will begin to shape up nicely. The point is to cover the top, insides and outsides while leaving the back unfinished so that it will lay nice and flat against your door. If you use a Styrofoam wreath base, I'd recommend spray painting it brown first, so you won't see the green through the acorns. We just kept going using different sizes of acorns until we had it all completed.
I was so pleased with the end result! It's just so rich and woodsy looking. Stop by the blog for the whole story. Thanks so much for joining me today!

AmyLynn Espinosa

1 comment