Trick or Treat Bags Made With Recyclables

My kids like to raid our recycling bin. They make the most imaginative things out of milk jugs, strawberry pints and toilet paper rolls.
halloween crafts trickortreat bags, crafts, halloween decorations, repurposing upcycling
In fact, my five year old has been making his own Halloween costume from paper bags and tape.
I knew right where to head for supplies: Walmart AND the recycling bin!
Full list of supplies used are on the blog, listed at the bottom of this post.
Wrap the bag neatly like a present with the newspaper. Use clear packing tape to tack any loose edges down. Also add a strip of packing tape to the inside of the bag cuff for extra support for the handle (should your child bring home pounds of candy!)
Take out your sharpie pen and draw lines in a spiderweb pattern on the bag.
To create a little spider, glue two pom-poms together with another glue spot. If you have black twisty-ties you are good to go aren’t you special, you don’t have to color them. (I only had white ties so I colored them with the black sharpie.) Wrap four twisty-ties around the middle to create the spider’s eight legs.
I encourage you to decorate your bag anyway you like. Bust out your craft supplies for inspiration. (bat silhouette template available on blog post for download)
If spiders and bats aren’t your thing. How about spooks and spirits?
Tutorials and supply lists can all be found here: http://www.prettyhandygirl.com/trick-or-treat-bags-using-elmers-gluenglitter-and-recyclables/
Follow up: Well, my youngest loves his bag so much that he told me, “Mom, we should decorate every side with a different holiday.” And that is exactly what he did today during quiet time. I just want to stop time and keep him five forever!

Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

• Kat

Very cute

• Johanna

I decorate the fir tree for every holiday! It's only 4 ft and can stas it away or keep it out! My grandkids love the changes with each holiday!