Alice G
Alice G
  • Palm City, FL

Bird feeder deterrent

After so long doing battle with squirrels attacking my bird feeder and trying everything possible, I resorted to doing something less expensive. I simply took packing tape, {sticky side outside} and so far they have not been able to get past it .I have watched it for 2 days and so far the birds are able to eat in peace the squirrels just pick up the seed that falls
bird feeder deterrent, gardening, wildlife animals

• 48424019765

Okay well that's what I did I just tried to send a message and it got erased but I don't have a tree I have them all on a pole that goes in the ground and I put tape around that but that didn't work so now I'm going to try the toy slinky and hang them from it from the pole

• Ivylore

Clever!

• Ellen Johnson

We had a big storm and many of our trees are gone. We also had to take some big ones down that were dying or in bad shape. I will keep the trick in mind to suggest to people with squirrel problems.