Cookie Sheet Magnetic Memo Board

Don't toss that old cookie sheet away! Give it a splashy makeover and upcycle it into a magnetic memo board or message center.
Find all the DIY steps and the materials I used in my full tutorial!
turn a cookie sheet into a magnetic memo board, crafts, decoupage, repurposing upcycling
I decided to treat myself to new cookie sheets and was about to put this in the donation pile when I realized it could be repurposed as a magnetic memo board, perfect for my home office (or kitchen).
First, I gave it a makeover with some fresh green paint- it's completely transformed already! Bye-bye scuffs, scars, and rust.
After the paint dried, I attached a swatch of vintage fabric to the pan- I love how it complements the green paint! Find out how I did this in my full tutorial here!
Last step- I gave it a coat of clear sealant to protect the paint finish. Now it's ready to use as a reminder center- business cards, to-do lists, ideas, recipes, phone numbers, you name it.
And if you want to hang it, drill a couple of small holes through the flat handles (on either side), insert a small nut/bolt through each hole, and string picture-hanging wire between them. Right now, mine just leans against the wall- but hanging it would be awesome as well.

• Cookie Sheet  (Kitchen, Thrift Store)
  • Paint  (Home Improvement Store)
  • Fabric  (Thrift Store, Craft Store)
Sadie Seasongoods

• Linda

is this a metal tray ? mine looks like that but is a sturdy plastic

• Cathy David

There is magnetic paint you can use on the plastic to make it magnetic. Might need several coats but it also works on any surface (walls, doors, chalk boards ,etc.

• Lisa Reimer

What kind of paint do you use?

• Shi29220786

Does it make any difference what kind of paint you use - will it still be magnetic regardless of the paint texture

• Mona Alfano

I can see it in the preschool setting. Cut a magnetic strip into different shapes that can be arranged into a pattern, a picture, etc. Or use the colored magnet backed shapes. Or create your own game board out of it, and use the magnet shapes as the pieces, it'd be great for long car rides. So many other uses!

• Susan Mcafee

I taught preschool for 16 years . Had to stop do to health reasons . Still love everything preschool stuff . Love this idea !!

• Marjorie Fuhst French

When my granddaughter was little I attached small magnets to the backs of paper dolls and their outfits. We kept them on a small pan and she played with them in the car.