Carrie MakingLemonade
Carrie MakingLemonade
  • Blue Bell, PA

DIY Peppermint Bath Bombs-- You'll Love These Festive Fizzies!

Looking for a festive DIY gift idea? These homemade peppermint bath bombs smell amazing and will delight everyone who uses them (my kids think they are magic!) Plus, it only takes 4 ingredients to make them. Go ahead, give them a try and you'll have a special and healthy (no harmful ingredients!) homemade gift for everyone on your list.
diy peppermint bath bombs you ll love these festive fizzies, crafts, how to
These peppermint bath bombs smell amazing and make great gifts! You can use cosmetic grade mica powder to color them if you wish but I kept mine as natural as possible and went without. Plus, they only use 4 ingredients and look adorable!
Here are the necessary ingredients,: 1 c. baking soda, 1/2 c. citric acid, 1/2 TB carrier oil (I used grapeseed) and 5-10 drops peppermint essential oil (or favorite oil of your choice)-- plus a spray bottle of water. Citric acid is actually easy to find-- check my post for sources for the citric acid and essential oil!
Next, sift together the powders in a medium bowl. Then mix the oils together in a small bowl, and pour into the medium bowl and mix well.
Spritz the mixture with water JUST until slightly damp. DO NOT OVER MOISTEN! (see blog post for more details). Mix well.
It should clump together a little when pinched, but don't oversaturate or it will fall apart when you take them out of the molds.
Pack to the top of a silicone mold...
... or to the top of a muffin tin. Pack it in, then cover with a paper towel and turn upside down over a cookie sheet covered in paper towels. Gently tap bottom of molds to release if needed, and then let dry over night. Check out the post for more 'after' photos, tips, and clever packaging ideas! http://makinglemonadeblog.com/homemade-bath-bombs-recipe-essential-oils-diy-gift-ideas/
Carrie MakingLemonade

• Mary Mechler

I made these and combined two oils in 4 different versions for some stocking stuffers. I tried one last night and there was absolutely no scent left. The bath felt great, but wondering whether there is a recommended use time to get the benefit of the scent as well?

• Veralucia Santos

Excelente!