Before & After: Modern Triangle Dresser Makeover

My parents found this inexpensive dresser at an estate sale and I though it was the perfect piece to try one of my crazier ideas. I had just drew a design that involved triangles in my idea book, and when they brought this piece back I knew it was the piece to try the design on.
I wanted to totally change the look of the dresser. I removed the hardware, filled the holes and sanded the frame of the dresser. I then stripped all 4 drawers, and once they dried over night I sanded then down to bare wood.
The drawers were stained in a dark walnut color and sealed with poly, then I taped out triangles on outer edges of each drawer. I made sure the previous hardware holes that I had filled would be covered in paint. Next I painted the rest of the drawers with glossy white for contrast.
The frame of the dresser was sanded, holes were filled, and then it was primed with an oil based primer (tinted grey). For the paint color on the frame I custom mixed 2 greys I had on hand. Once dry, the frame was sealed with flat high performance poly for durability. If you want more specific information on the paint/stain colors and brand, visit the blog post linked at the end.
I can't believe this is the same piece when I look back at the before photos. It looks completely different now!

Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
The Weathered Door

• Nancy B
    Nancy B

It certainly changes the personality of the "before". Very nice!

• Sue Scimeca
    Sue Scimeca

Excellent vision and end to your project. Well done, you should be proud of yourself!