Stainless Steel Contact Paper Table Top Makeover

$5-8

Rolling table with cheap veneered probably particle board. I'm using this table to test the product before I go big and cover the range vent and construct a faux stainless flute. I've seen prices of $900 and up for ones I like.
Old table top
Clean surface and if not absolutely smooth, then take a 400 grit sand paper as I did to give perfect surface prep.
black metal base with casters
I found this on on the road and love great multipurpose rolling tables. This one had only 3 horizontal braces near the base, so you can pull a chair all the way up for eating, computer use, etc.
Go for it. Some adjustability is required to remove and smooth if you get creases or bubbles. I recommend unrolling slowly and smoothing while pealing paper because it's a very tacky surface.
To smooth, I refused to buy "their tool." I tried a few: the back and edge of this comb is my fave for a large area. You could also use a kitchen plastic cutting board clearer (if that lost you, I have also seen Rachael Ray use them on her show), credit card (but that would be harder to use).
Supplies
This is the first brand I have tried. I would like to try the reusable kind I found in a YouTube video to compare.
Supply list: cleaner (your preference, I used multi surface), cleaning tag, drying rag, scissors, smoothing tool (I tried a few...you can buy one...lol...we wouldn't be on this site of we did that). This comb was the perfect size and I used back edge and the back corner edge.
New stainless top
New stainless top looks awesome!! Corners and edges are harder. Cut to over lap or cut out to make flush.
Looks great in person
I prepped an end table last night to update and will use stainless for top and front panels. Will post finished product if interested then I will design my vent hood. Has anyone used different brands or the reusable type?

Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July

• Elida

Hi, did you done your vent hood yet? If so, do you have a link ? Thank you.

• Terri

Can I cover my kitchen table this way in stead of painting

• Debbie

where dis u find this

• Carol Cole

When I first saw it ,I thought it was metal.

• Susan

where did you find the stainless roll? I'd like to do my refrigerator and dishwasher