Linen Closet Inspiration

I just love the linen closet. My obsession probably began with my mother who is equally obsessed with linens. Nothing is better than the smell of freshly laundered, perfectly folded towels and sheets. Actually, the only thing better is the sight of a linen closet containing crisply folded sheets, stacks of fluffy towels and shelves lined perfectly to their edges.
In the event you’re not truly on board with my obsession for a well-organized linen closet, I thought I’d shared with you some of my favorite ideas for creating such an oasis!
I love the use of rubbings, hanging shelves, wicker baskets and divides as shown in the two images above. Linens can sometimes wobble-over, so using a little re-enforcement helps to keep your stacks of sheets in need order, and helps to separate and divide sets of towels.
Different shelf heights can help keep sets of sheets organized by creating customized sections for the sets.

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Memorial Day Crafts
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Sarah Jane Dunaway

1 comment
  • Lori

Hi Sarah. Just for fun I thought I should send you a picture of my linen closet but thought better of it. I have blankets and new, never used yet linens on the very top shelf and on the bottom shelf are the freshly washed bathroom rugs. In between, is a blender, giant fry pan, food processor, waffle maker, odds and sods of extra towels, placemats, Geo Forman grill, and the vacuum fits it I can shut the door quick enough. Does that make you queasy? :() On a more serious note, yours is so beautiful and although we don't share the same obsession, my bedroom is perfect in every detail, ready for inspection.