Rustic Embossed Flowers for Spring

8 materials
Embossed Copper & Aluminium to create beautiful rustic fowers for spring decorating indoors or out.
For this project I used embossing foil also known as tooling foil, a scallop paper punch, bamboo skewers, twine, hot glue and a few embossing tools, a pair of household scissors and an empty jar.
Use the scallop punch for as many flowers as you want to make. Here I used a cup and ball tool to create a raised center for each flower. Did you know that the rounded end of a pencil can give you the same look?
Cut leaves from embossing foil and used an embossing tool to quickly add a little texture.
Using an embossing stylist draw patterns for your flowers. A dull pencil can achieve the same look.
Glue twine to an empty jar. I used an empty Starbucks jar.
Glue flower and leaves to the bamboo skewers using hot glue.
The result is beautiful flowers great for indoor or outdoor display. These could also be added to garden planters, flower pots, etc.
The metal I use is 38 gauge embossing foil. It is soft and pliable. Many people have asked me about sharp edges - as long as your cut edges are clean, these are no more sharp than a piece of cardstock would be.
For more information and detail on this project, visit my blog. You will also find Embossing How-To and resources for supplies on my blog menu bar.
Come on over! I have several embossing projects on the blog to give you inspiration!
Happy Crafting!
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 7 comments
Next