Teri
Teri
  • Bellingham, WA

Repurpose Ceiling Fan Dragonfly-Glows in the Dark

Using a old ceiling fan, wooden table leg, twig ball, gate hook, and some marbles this guy flew in.
repurpose ceiling fan dragonfly glows in the dark, crafts, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
I screwed the ceiling fan paddles to the table leg.
Pulled out some spray paint I had, some lace and started painting.
cut lace lay on wings and spray paint
After I was done painting I finished it with a glow in the dark spray paint, so now he will glow at night. I'm also going to add lights in his head.
Added the tile, and hooks, ready for a place in the garden.
Think he found his spot in the garden.

• Suzan

Awesome, total creativity at its best. Where did you purchase the head, and is the material wire?

• Kimberley Hosmer

In her list of materials she says she usef a twig ball. Guessing that forms the head? Could probably find most of the parts needed at a thrift store or craigslist/freemarket type sight, or on an "alley adventure".

• Diana H

Did you make the leaf, your dragonfly's sitting on? If so, what mixture did you use? Already have large plant leaves for mold. Thank you.

• Teri

Jeanne look up leaf casting on you tube. If you were close you could come to my class.

• Sue Joachim

yes i made some for my yard , but i like the way you added beads and the lace and other little things!

• Sandi Nguyen

We just replaced our ceiling fan and was thinking about how to repurpose some of the parts. This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Teri

I love how they just come to life. Each one is unique and I know mine around the yard have always been a fun conversation piece. Enjoy!