How You Can Make This Awesome $5 Garden Potting Stand!

$5.00

After my peanut and I made a terrible, dirty mess all over my dining room table planting seeds, I realized, there is a better option. Plus, I needed a great project to use my kitchen utensil for the April Cent-Sational Salvage Challenge!
how you can make this awesome 5 garden potting stand, diy, gardening, how to, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
This little stand cost me $5 and about an hour to build and a bit longer to paint, since watching paint dry is boring. Totally worth it for this adorable potting stand!
This is the nice volunteer that sold me my kitchen utensil-sink for the challenge at Habitat Re-Store for $5!! What a deal! I had all of the crab 2 x 4 in my garage, but even if you have to buy it, it's soo cheap!
Using my Kreg Jig- "My Precious." I drilled pocket holes into the small sides of the box frame.
Then I attached the sides together. The pocket holes make for an extremely strong structure. And it's super easy too.
I added the legs to the corners of the box frame using self tapping screws so I didn't have to drill pilot holes. Totally worth the couple extra bucks in my opinion.
Add the second box frame using a level wherever you want your shelf to be positioned. I did mine 12" high.
Then I added 2 x 4 planks to finish the shelf. A piece of scrap plywood with some blocks on the bottom create a little removable table top surface.
To make it pretty :) I painted it my favorite oops color blue- Bahamas underwater.
Gave it light sanding to allow the wood to show through as if it were worn by weather and time.
Then rubbed a coat of Minwax Dark Walnut on and of again. Really rubbing it into the bare wooden areas.
There ya have it! A distressed old potting stand for $5!
Now, I just brush the dirt into the sink.
Push it through the hole.
And it lands in an old ice cream bucket! No mess on my table anymore and pretty flowers whenever we want!
For a shopping list, cut list and complete details about this project, please click over to my blog!
There is also information on how you can join our awesome challenge for a great cause!
OnBlissStreet

• Littlebird

FABULOUS!!! I was looking to build a potting table in the next week or two, perfect timing!

• OnBlissStreet

@Littlebird Awesome!! We LOVE ours! I use it for just about everything- yesterday it held my miter saw!

• Divababiexoxo

What a great idea for flower people! I'm not one, I have a black thumb n I live in a small apt (no room) but I can appreciate good workmanship. Like the beachy color too!