Enjoy Your Spring Blossoms Forever: Flower Pounding

$1.00
I have a really fun and easy craft for you today. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it and it is a great craft for kids and adults.
I have to admit I had a blast doing this one! And as an extra bonus you get to take out a lot of frustrations!
Flower pounding is exactly what it sounds like; you pound flowers.
In this case, you pound the flowers onto a piece of fabric, leaving the color and imprint of the flower behind.
I used drop cloth as my fabric but I also tested some muslin. I tested several different flowers, leaves and grasses and you can find all the results over on the blog.
1) Place your fabric on a thick pile of newspapers.
2) Place your flower or leaf upside down onto the fabric and holding it in place, gently place a paper towel that has been folded into fourths on top of the flower.
3) With the hammer, pound all over the paper towel making sure you are getting all of the flower/leaf. You can gently peel back the paper towel and peek to see if you have gotten all the color onto your fabric.
The blog will give you more details and some tips to make this go more smoothly!
This is a great craft for kids- I have done it with preschoolers to teach about plants, so even young children can do this!
I hope you have fun pounding and preserving your Spring blooms!
Caroline

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 5 comments
Next