Card Catalog To Side Table!

We found a small, midcentury modern card catalog at a local school sale years ago and I always wanted to upcycle it into more our style (sort of industrial-cottage). We found just the right project when we were looking for side tables - inspiration hit and we realized we could use our card catalog and wood scraps to create something we love for just a few dollars!
We love it so much, we are sharing with you all the steps we took (pretty basic wood-working and painting!) so you can make a table out of any boxy find you come upon.
We started with this 1960s $10 school sale card catalog, complete with mismatched handles and light blond finish.
We made a base and attached the card catalog to it, then filled and painted. I spray painted the handles and stained and added polyurethane to the reclaimed wood top. We added casters to the legs, too.
I absolutely LOVE the end result and it's exactly what I wanted for a fun and unique side table!
See all the steps in detail on our site at the url below to make your own super cute side table!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage

• Lyd10212534

I have been using a 12 drawer cabinet for years as a coffee table. Someone gave it to me and it was missing a drawer. I added casters to the bottom and use the space with missing drawers for remotes. Everyone loves...added no paint.
  • Annie

GREAT LOOKING,UNIQUE PIECE OF FURNITURE!