Card Catalog To Side Table!

We found a small, midcentury modern card catalog at a local school sale years ago and I always wanted to upcycle it into more our style (sort of industrial-cottage). We found just the right project when we were looking for side tables - inspiration hit and we realized we could use our card catalog and wood scraps to create something we love for just a few dollars!
We love it so much, we are sharing with you all the steps we took (pretty basic wood-working and painting!) so you can make a table out of any boxy find you come upon.
We started with this 1960s $10 school sale card catalog, complete with mismatched handles and light blond finish.
We made a base and attached the card catalog to it, then filled and painted. I spray painted the handles and stained and added polyurethane to the reclaimed wood top. We added casters to the legs, too.
I absolutely LOVE the end result and it's exactly what I wanted for a fun and unique side table!
See all the steps in detail on our site at the url below to make your own super cute side table!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Jami @ An Oregon Cottage

• Lyd10212534

I have been using a 12 drawer cabinet for years as a coffee table. Someone gave it to me and it was missing a drawer. I added casters to the bottom and use the space with missing drawers for remotes. Everyone loves...added no paint.
  • Annie

GREAT LOOKING,UNIQUE PIECE OF FURNITURE!