How to Build a Window Box

My husband and I participated in an exterior home makeover sponsored by Lowe's, and we built some window boxes for the homeowner. I wanted to share with you some of the details of this project!
how to build a window box, container gardening, curb appeal, gardening, how to, woodworking projects
This is the brick ranch that we completed the makeover on. The homeowners wanted to paint their brick a neutral color, add new shutters and window boxes, and paint the front door. Each part of the makeover was so much fun to do, but I think the window boxes were my favorite. :)
The window boxes made a huge difference in the curb appeal of the house, and they were so easy to make. I couldn't believe how quickly my husband was able to build them (check out video on my blog) and installing them was not too bad either.
We screwed some "cleats" on the brick first and then attached the window box to the cleats (more details in video.)
It did take more than one person to attach the window boxes. :) The Lowe's volunteers were a GREAT help!
Once the boxes were up, we added some beautiful flowers. Lastly, we added the black brackets to the bottom for a decorative touch! The homeowners were THRILLED with the results!
To see a short, step by step video of this project, click on the post url. Thanks!
Beneath My Heart

• Lisa Clark

Could you tell me what color the exterior house paint is.

• Aliesha

What color and brand is the stain on shutters, flower boxes and columns?

• Haley

what color did you paint the house and the door?

• Sandy

I liked the brick better. The flower boxes would have been a nice addition to the brick exterior.

• Rac14961168

love the light color on the house it stands out more and looks great