Rainbow Painted Kitchen Set

We've been trying to figure out how to make our kitchen lighter, brighter, and more functional for our family of six. During a recent wander of IKEA, we saw a table that neither of us had noticed before and decided it would be perfect for our kitchen, with a little paint, of course!
The table we fell in love with was the Nornas. We grabbed the matching chairs and headed home to paint.
I've been wanting a project to try out DecoArt's new Maxx Gloss with and this was perfect, especially since we decided to go rainbow with it. It started out as a joke because the girls have been rainbow crazy, but then we decided that it was actually the perfect way to go. We did decide to do two different blues instead of a purple, though, because my two oldest daughters both love the color.
Each chair required two coats of paint. I worked in threes, painting one chair and moving onto the next. By the time I finished the third chair, the first was ready for the second coat. It was a fairly quick project.
For the table, I used white on the legs and Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish on the top. It's not a farmhouse table, but has the vague feeling of one.
I absolutely love how the table and chairs turned out. It's now been a few weeks since we started using them and everything has held up perfectly, which is no small feat considering how young my kids are! For full details on colors and how I painted the table and chairs, please check out my blog post!

Albion

• Ardi Redig Johnson

I love this so much. I did the same thing several years ago with bar stools in our kitchen... Four different colors. I love the colors, and they could stand a repainting/update, which I will probably do as soon as Arizona lets me work in my garage without dying of heat exposure.

• Julie Ernst

Super cute! Makes me happy just looking at all the color!