$2 Hula Hoop Turned Into Pretty Flower Hanging Hoop Decor
- Have an old hula hoop laying around you don’t use or see one at the Dollar Store? Grab that colorful thing and turn it into a beautiful hanging decor piece! -
Step One - Spray Paint
- Spray an even coat of paint to cover the entire hula hoop
One can of spray paint was plenty for three hula hoops. I didn't even need to prime.
Step Two - Prep The Greenery
- Using wire cutters cut off each stem of greenery and flowers.
Step Three - Attach Greenery and Flowers
- With a hot glue gun careful glue on each stem. Over lap the stems so the glue doesn’t show. Get creative here! I originally was going to just have greenery, but I found some flowers from a past project and added those on too!
Step Four - Attach Hanging String
- Cut desired length of string (I used twine for this), and attach to hoop.
- To create the knot I did take your string, twine, etc and fold it in half. Take the end with a loop, place over hula hoop and feed the other end of the string (with the two ends) through the loop and pull all the way through.
- Clear fishing line or ribbon would also work too instead of twine!
Step Five - Hang up and enjoy!
- I made these hoops for decor for my upcoming wedding, but I also think they would look great in a little girls room hanging over the bed or a fun background for a photo booth station at a birthday party. The possibilities are endless!