DIY Fall Wreath
HOW TO MAKE AN EXPENSIVE LOOKING DESIGNER WREATH ON A DIY BUDGET. USE THESE TIPS & TRICKS TO CREATE A DESIGNER ESQUE WREATH FOR FALL OR ANY SEASON
Ta-da a beautiful designer esque wreath on a DIY budget!
- 24" Wreath (this is a really great size for front doors)
- Flower Bundles
- Greenery Bundles
- Wire Cutters
- Hot Glue Gun
- Florist Wire
- The first rule is to obviously start with a trip to Michaels to buy bundles of flowers. I don't usually buy individual stems unless I need a few specific pieces because they are more expensive when they are sold individually. I like to get a couple of different bundles all in the same color family, plus a bundle of greens that are appropriate for the season.
2. I separate the flowers in the bundle & cut them into individual stems if they aren't already. TIP-I like to use wire cutters to cut my stems because they slice through like butter & I have broken enough scissors to know better.
3. Next, I start adding my different stems & greenery around the wreath. I don't start gluing or tying anything down permanently until I'm happy with the "rough draft."
4. After I play around with the layout for a while, my version of therapy, I get ready to glue. I use my hot glue gun to secure each stem.
That's it! A beautiful expensive looking wreath for under $30! I am loving the purples for this fall & I can't wait to start on the inside of the house!