I was asked to post how I made my owl. First of all I found out about this awesome folded book art from one of the hometalkers (http://www.hometalk.com/diy/decorate/rooms/how-to-transform-a-book-into-a-state-7749841). Then I asked my best friend "google" for free tutorials and patterns. I found out that there are a few different techniques out there. The technique I used requires a ruler ( in cm) and a pencil,.... and of course an old book. (Lots of hard cover old textbooks are being discarded so you might ask a teacher friend for one of those :) ).
Remember all you need is 3 STEPS:
OK so here is the best tutorial I found. Make sure you follow these 3 easy steps. Also get familiar with your ruler- most patterns use cm not inches.
GO HERE: http://www.instructables.com/id/Folded-Book-Art-Best-most-clear-Tutorial-available/
- this is how I made the heart ( my first project)
- most of the time you will need 2 marks per page
- mark the pages as close to the edge as possible
- example: 40 pages mean 40 sheets of paper
Now for the fun patterns go here: http://www.faitmain-faitcoeur.fr/en?s=folded+book+pattern
- the owl and many others are found there ( dogs, cats, words, etc)
- the download is free
- measure each page ( 2 marks) and fold:)
Hope this helps. It is super easy. Now I am ready to come up with my own designs and can't wait to share it with you guys :)
How to Make Book Folded Art ( an Owl and Many More)
Published March 26th, 2015 12:14 PM
4 of 6 comments