I had bought a light fitting from a carboot( originally IKEA). I liked the shape and thought I could do something creative with it. I have had it for several months but not attempted to do it, then we have this week's challenge. So I decided to create. I forgot to take a before photo.
Jewelled Lantern Light Fitting. Light Challenge
I wanted to add beads, and wire. My first attempt didn't look good. I had too much space, not enough beads on the top, too many below. So I undid it all. I took myself off shopping and found paperclips the same colour. My inspiration had returned. I pushed twenty onto the middle rim of each section.
I then added a ring to the top cap, made from a paper clip. I fixed some wire that was two and a half times the length of the middle sections.
I did this on the four opposite sections. I fixed the wire using a macramé square knot.
I added beads down the middle using the middle two wires.
Then using the outside wires and beads, I crisscrossed and wrapped the wire around the cage at intervals.
I fixed the bottom of the wires by wrapping around the middle rim. I trimmed off the excess wires.
After finishing the beaded areas, I decided the spaces between needed something, but I didn't want it to look to heavy, so I didn't want to add more beads.
I took the same amount of wire again fixing at the top with square knots. I then wrapped the wire arond the cage as i crisscrossed the sections.
I haven't fixed this up yet as I want to decorate the room first.