Pickle Your Pine to Lighten and Brighten
- Neutralized, so that the outdoor views will pop prettily.
- Decluttered, so that materials are INSIDE a closed cabinet or hidden in drawers within the light/work table.
- Minwax Pickling stain (Amazon www.amazon.com/Minwax-61860-Quart-White-Pickling/dp/B018A164WS/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1520262948&sr=1-1&keywords=minwax+pickling+stain&dpID=517UAF4VXPL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch)
- Varathane Polyurethane Ultimate (Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-Varathane-200261H-Water-Based-Polyurethane/dp/B000LNW7ZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1520263081&sr=1-1&keywords=varathane+polyurethane+water+based&dpID=51XPTDq9R2L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch)
- Milwaukee palm sander (Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6033-21-Canister-Sandpaper-Included/dp/B017Y7VDL6/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1520263175&sr=8-2&keywords=milwaukee+sander)
Lisa on Mar 28, 2018
I definitely love this. And I wish I'd known this was possible before I painted my now office white. I would have loved the whitewash, but had no idea how to do it. The wood (tongue and groove pine) was much too dark for a small room. Live and learn :) Thanks for such detailed comparison photos and explanations!