DIY Twisty Side Table

Need a new side table? How about one that is totally twisted? No, like seriously twisted?
You've got to check this one out!
I had seen several DIY Bloggers post about a "One Board Challenge." You could only use a 1x8x8ft board for the lumber, but you could make anything you wanted. I told me husband that "I am totally doing this!"
I thought for weeks about what to build, and finally decided on a "twisty table."
Full details on the build can be found on the blog link.
First I cut two pieces to use as the "legs." I made a jig to help me cut them at the right angle.
I measured multiple times to get the jig and the table saw set up right. This was tedious. There may have been an easier way to do this haha! I ran the boards through the table saw using the jig.
Then, I had four triangles of wood to assemble together.
Then I lined everything up and measured how long I needed the tops and bottom to be. I put these on after everything was lined up and fitted together right.
I stained the table and brought it inside. I was afraid it was going to be too tall, but it is just about perfect height for beside my chair. By the way, I bought this chair at "trade day" a few years ago and recovered it. I have had so many people try to buy it from me, but it's my favorite, so I am keeping it :)
Isn't this little table adorable? Please ignore the dust bunnies...I've been busy in the shop and haven't vacuumed in....let's not discuss details.
Hope you enjoyed the making of this twisty table as much as I did :) Trust me, you couldn't have...I had so much fun making this!

21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Woodshop Diaries

• Morag Graham
    Morag Graham

Amazing, I'm going to try this

• Terry
    Terry

this is fabulous! definitely something I'd love to try. Would make perfect plant stands, too!