Vintage Typewriter Table to Side Table (and Drink Table!)

I transformed a vintage typewriter table with paint and repurposed it as both a side table in the living room, and a drink table in the dining room.
vintage typewriter table to side table and drink table, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I found my typewriter table at one of two thrift stores that benefit sheltered animals. Here's the before! It has a veneer top and a rubber trim along the sides. I sometimes like to keep vintage items as they are, but this table looked kind of blehhhh. So I imaged it freshened up with some pretty blue paint.
I removed the table tops and started painting the legs. Instead of spray paint, I thought I'd give chalky finish paint a try. This is teal chalky finish paint that I lightened with white.
The veneer was still in good condition, otherwise I could have cut some wood to replace them (which I may do down the road). I painted the top in teal chalky finish paint.
See how I finished it on the blog!
Steph @ The Silly Pearl

• DeeAnn Cecchetti

Awesome job! We (Goodwill of Northern IL) just got one donated at our store.....What a cool find for someone!!! ;-)

• Jamie Boyce

Thanks for posting. I had no idea what my similar table was for. Now I do, and have an idea of how to make it look a lot better.