How To Make Your Stainless Steel Sink Shine!

Back when I still lived with my parents, I always loved washing the sink and cleaning it until it shined. I'm not sure what it was made of, but it had a white coating on it that sure cleaned up nicely! Since we moved in our house, I have yet to have that gratitude from cleaning our stainless steel sink. I could just never get it to shine. Drove me nuts. So, through a few ideas passed around the family, I figured out the perfect way to clean the sink and make it shine....using non-chemical ingredients!
For the cleaning process, I used vinegar and baking soda.
I scrubbed the vinegar around the sink and then sprinkled on some baking soda; then did some more scrubbing.
After rinsing the baking soda off and wiping down the sink, I then 'buffed' the sink using a dish rag and some canola oil. Yep. It gives it the perfect shine!
Here's how it shines now!
For more detail on how I cleaned the sink and used the oil, be sure to check out my blog post!

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Thrifty and Chic

• Janet Conner Beatty
    Janet Conner Beatty

When I was dishes I put hot water and soap in the sink first. Wouldn't the water be oily and have to be rinsed out before soaking and washing dishes?
  • Lori
    Lori

How long does the shine last

• X Patty
    X Patty

How to glue fabric on a sofa

• Gir24192184
    Gir24192184

MAGIC ERASERS WORK VERY WELL TOO. A LOT EASIER.
  • Pinkii.Out.West
    Pinkii.Out.West

I have been using Murphy Oil on my stainless steel for years...Just a fee cap full in tour hot soapy water and Walaaaaa....