Small Bathroom Makeover

274K Views
I completed my bathroom makeover in 20 days, and filled the room with DIY projects, like a mosaic "tile" mirror made out of wood yardsticks, new DIY cabinet doors and drawer fronts (requiring no special cabinet-making tools!) to update the original vanity cabinet, a wood countertop made from cedar fence pickets, and a custom pleated ruffle shower curtain made from an extra queen sized sheet, and hand painted floor cloth made with a scrap piece of vinyl flooring, and shelves made from scrap lumber.
Time: 20 DaysCost: $997.00Difficulty: Medium
I made the shower curtain from an extra queen-sized sheet that I had, and the bathtub was given a facelift with Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile paint.
I made the mosaic "tile" mirror out of wood yardsticks cut into little tiles. The new countertop is made from cedar fence pickets, and the new drawer fronts and doors were made without the use of any special cabinet-making tools.
  • small bathroom makeover, bathroom ideas, home decor, small bathroom ideas
The horizontal slatted wall treatment was created using two sheets of eucaboard ($14 each) and decorating trim. I made the framed artwork, and the dimensional flowers on the artwork are made out of drywall mud and acrylic paint.

Suggested materials for this project:

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating

Ask a Question