Easily Fix Squeaky Carpeted Floors

$20
1-2 Hour

If you have an older home then you know that squeaky carpeted floors are everywhere.
My wife requested that this pervasive problem be fixed and of course I know to listen (I'm only thick headed 77% of the time).
My brain seemed to remember seeing an episode of This Old House where they used a great little device to fix a second floor bedroom's squeaky floor.
After some research I found the floor repair kit and it's called Squeeeeek No More.
You can find it in most home centers for around $20 and the repair process is really easy.
The first step is to find the joist under your carpet. You can use a stud finder or tap a hammer over the carpet to find the joist.
The Squeeeeek No More kit also comes with a special joist finding tool that allows you to drill through your carpet without out ruining it.
Once all the joists are found in the area where you have your squeak you need to drill the special screws through the carpet & subfloor. This squeezes the subfloor against the joist and fixes the creaky sound.
For more information and a special surprise that you don't want to miss check out my blog post at http://www.homerepairtutor.com/fix-squeaky-floors-with-floor-repair-kit/
Hope this helps you with your home improvement adventures :)
Use a drill, hammer, and the Squeeeeek No More kit to fix creaks.
Find the joist direction by being like MacGyver. Investigate light fixtures and see how they're attached to the joist.
Use this joist finding tool that comes with the kit to locate joists under your carpet without ruining the carpet itself.
Find joists on opposite ends of your squeaky floor using a hammer and the joist finding tool in the floor repair kit. Then add yarn or string around the screws. This shows the joists.
Screws are aligned along a joist and pull the subfloor tight. This fixes squeaks.
Squeeeeek No More is the floor repair kit that made my wife a happy camper. No more squeaks in our carpeted floors :)
Use the tripod and special screws that come with the kit to fix squeaks.
Use the tripod to snap off the special screw heads.
The specials screws are scored and snap off below the subfloor.

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada

• Hug12454630

I wonder why they can't do this in apartment buildings, would make people a lot happier if the people above them didn't have squeaky floors.

• KD Redlowske

What does it do to the carpet? My condo floors squeak like crazy, so crazy my neighbor ask that I wait until after 9 or 9:30 before I make my bed.

• Cheryl Michaud

We have squeaky, wooden stairs leading up to our 2nd level. Neither my husband or myself are "handy". Am wondering if this would be a project we could handle, if we use Squeeeek No More?

• Sandy

Saw this on This Old House great.
  • Carol

That tool is fantastic! For wood floors, it comes with several color match filler.
    Just fill the tiny holes with it and smooth. Perfect!