Easily Fix Squeaky Carpeted Floors

$20
1-2 Hour
If you have an older home then you know that squeaky carpeted floors are everywhere.
My wife requested that this pervasive problem be fixed and of course I know to listen (I'm only thick headed 77% of the time).
My brain seemed to remember seeing an episode of This Old House where they used a great little device to fix a second floor bedroom's squeaky floor.
After some research I found the floor repair kit and it's called Squeeeeek No More.
You can find it in most home centers for around $20 and the repair process is really easy.
The first step is to find the joist under your carpet. You can use a stud finder or tap a hammer over the carpet to find the joist.
The Squeeeeek No More kit also comes with a special joist finding tool that allows you to drill through your carpet without out ruining it.
Once all the joists are found in the area where you have your squeak you need to drill the special screws through the carpet & subfloor. This squeezes the subfloor against the joist and fixes the creaky sound.
For more information and a special surprise that you don't want to miss check out my blog post at http://www.homerepairtutor.com/fix-squeaky-floors-with-floor-repair-kit/
Hope this helps you with your home improvement adventures :)
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, Use a drill hammer and the Squeeeeek No More kit to fix creaks
Use a drill, hammer, and the Squeeeeek No More kit to fix creaks.
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, Find the joist direction by being like MacGyver Investigate light fixtures and see how they re attached to the joist
Find the joist direction by being like MacGyver. Investigate light fixtures and see how they're attached to the joist.
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, Use this joist finding tool that comes with the kit to locate joists under your carpet without ruining the carpet itself
Use this joist finding tool that comes with the kit to locate joists under your carpet without ruining the carpet itself.
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, Find joists on opposite ends of your squeaky floor using a hammer and the joist finding tool in the floor repair kit Then add yarn or string around the screws This shows the joists
Find joists on opposite ends of your squeaky floor using a hammer and the joist finding tool in the floor repair kit. Then add yarn or string around the screws. This shows the joists.
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, Screws are aligned along a joist and pull the subfloor tight This fixes squeaks
Screws are aligned along a joist and pull the subfloor tight. This fixes squeaks.
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, Squeeeeek No More is the floor repair kit that made my wife a happy camper No more squeaks in our carpeted floors
Squeeeeek No More is the floor repair kit that made my wife a happy camper. No more squeaks in our carpeted floors :)
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, Use the tripod and special screws that come with the kit to fix squeaks
Use the tripod and special screws that come with the kit to fix squeaks.
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, Use the tripod to snap off the special screw heads
Use the tripod to snap off the special screw heads.
easily fix squeaky carpeted floors, flooring, home maintenance repairs, how to, The specials screws are scored and snap off below the subfloor
The specials screws are scored and snap off below the subfloor.

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 6 questions

Comments

2 of 21 comments
Next