Bedroom Refresh For Teen Girl

$100.00

Before we get to the good part, let’s see what we started out with shall we? It wasn’t horrible … but it wasn’t good either. She’s a creative child who was constantly crafting at her desk and painting beautiful works of art …
We have had her room arranged so many different ways, even making her closet into a nook for her bed at one time. This didn’t last long for practical reasons.
Her room is long and narrow so it is a bit of a challenge as to how to arrange things creatively. On the up side … it does have a large closet so she really doesn’t need much for furniture.
Both she and I were getting tired of it being mismatched and feeling “not quite right” all the time. The room had been the same soft yellow for the past five years and the walls were needing a freshening.
A room refresh for her was long overdue! It was time for this room to grow up and find the pretty factor …
now …
It got a fresh coat of white paint to lighten and enlarge the space. New ruffled curtains, Freshly painted furniture and new bedding! We recycled an old quilt and covered it with linen to make a new one. Oh yes, don’t forget the lighting!
All the furniture got 2 coats of Fusion’s Inglenook Ocean. I still can’t believe that one 500 ml jar went this far!
This little dresser is still waiting on hardware for the bottom drawer. I decided that the bottom drawer should have pulls and not knobs. It just looked awkward with knobs when I put them on.
The large empty frame is still looking for the perfect inspirational phrase to go in it. She decided that she’d like words instead of a chalkboard or image in it.
I made 5 more pillows with more ruffles in different sizes. The two with the crocheted lace are made out of an old bed skirt that I had. The lace was the bottom trim of it.
For more details on this room refresh please visit the link below. If you like what you see please subscribe to the blog and get new posts sent directly to your inbox! I hope you have a great day!
Smiles!

Terry Foster