Farmhouse Bedroom Upgrade | Part One

$10

Do you ever scroll through pinterest or home design magazine and drool over white bedrooms? Well, this girl does. My heart is torn in two. I love the rustic coziness of wood, but I also love the chic, airy look of a white bedroom...
Here's how my side tables looked before
I've been wanting to paint my bed & dresser white for some time, but that is such a large under taking. I'm a bit sloppy, so I'd have to remove my rug and put drop cloth under my set. So stay tuned for part two of our Farmhouse Bedroom Makeover.
After painting, I ALWAYS varnish. Since I use a matte white, it can get bumped & dirty within days. So I quickly slap on a light coat of varnish after my paint job. I find varnish is a lot heavier duty than wax and I can put way less coats on. Again, remember? I'm not patient.
I hate taking progress shots as I'm usually doing my project late at night, but here she is. Two coats of paint - one to go!
I constantly go between painted & stained. Luckily for me, I have a husband who has a ton of patience and builds for me.
Seeing as spring is right around the corner, I decided I needed to paint my bedroom white. I haven't completed the transformation yet, but I've started with my side tables. It's amazing how long it takes to paint darker pieces white. Three coats. Three, long coats. I'm not a very patient lady.
I used Behr Premium paint. It's one of my go to paints. If I can't get a chalk paint as I like to start projects late at night, I usually have this awesome, thick paint on hand.
and.. the transformation! Some may not like the beat up, farmhouse look. But this is right up my ally! I just love them.
What do you think of the new farmhouse side tables? Yay or nay? What projects are you working on right now? Comment below - I love to hear from you.

Jessica-Sara Morris

• CK

I like them! You say you use varnish over white. I've heard it'll yellow white over time. Any issues with your items?

• Jessica-Sara Morris

@CK If you use a matte varnish it works great. We use Minwax. We run a furniture company, so it's been a lot of trying & Testing!

• Hannah V

Where did you get that sign above your bed? Is it DIY?

• Jessica-Sara Morris

Sadly no, we bought it from "Barn Door Decor" She ships all over. Check her out, she's on Facebook and is located in ladysmith ( British columbia, Canada )