DIY French Style Seat Made From Two Old Chairs

I created this piece for the I found these two Louis style chairs and turned them into a French style sofa/seat by adding some mdf board and re-upholstering it all. I loved the shape of the chairs and did not want them covered (even though that was initially the plan). I am glad I stuck with the original features and refreshed them a little.
Here is the before picture of the chairs - scratched and broken
I removed the fabric and batting and fixed the two seats together by adding a few pieces of wood to the back of the legs and fixed them in place with some screws.
To bring the chairs together visually - I added an mdf board to the back in the shape, painted it all using chalk paint. I added the foam on the backs of the chair. I re-used the old wooden seats as a base and created a brand new seat from mdf board, put foam on and upholstered it. It was then glued in place
I added a moulding to give it the extra glamourous French look I was after!
I added some double welting for the accents and to bring the whole look together.
#

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
From Evija with Love

• Teresa
    Teresa

Beautiful! Where did you find your fabric? It’s beautiful!

• Suzanne Novoselac
      Suzanne Novoselac

My mother had draperies like the fabric you have on the chairs. I made covers for the seats from the leftover fabric. I made her draperies and covers from upholstery material that was on sale! The fabric is 60 inches wide, so it's quite a bargain on sale.

• Emmawilliams1
    Emmawilliams1

it is beautiful..You said you found the chairs? At a thrift store or on the street..They still were quite nice, it seems...Beautiful job!

• Donella R
    Donella R

Did you make a video while you were upholstering the chairs? I have two chairs that I’m upholstering but I’m having difficulty completing the chair back.

• Bry
    Bry

Not my style but DANG they look good! Well done.

• Jacx
    Jacx

I adore these chairs, they are totally me! I love the French look. Just enough toile to suit! Hobby Lobby carries this style of fabric.