DIY French Style Seat Made From Two Old Chairs

191K Views
I created this piece for the I found these two Louis style chairs and turned them into a French style sofa/seat by adding some mdf board and re-upholstering it all. I loved the shape of the chairs and did not want them covered (even though that was initially the plan). I am glad I stuck with the original features and refreshed them a little.
  • diy french style seat made from two old chairs, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
Here is the before picture of the chairs - scratched and broken
I removed the fabric and batting and fixed the two seats together by adding a few pieces of wood to the back of the legs and fixed them in place with some screws.
To bring the chairs together visually - I added an mdf board to the back in the shape, painted it all using chalk paint. I added the foam on the backs of the chair. I re-used the old wooden seats as a base and created a brand new seat from mdf board, put foam on and upholstered it. It was then glued in place
I added a moulding to give it the extra glamourous French look I was after!
I added some double welting for the accents and to bring the whole look together.
#
From Evija with Love

Ask a Question