Patio Party; Cable Spool UpCycled With Style

$500
1 Week

We took a rather large Industrial cable spool and upcycled it into a perfect patio party table. We love to offer upcycled furniture with the finest craftsmanship.
Oh the possibilities... When we pulled in to pick up our spool my mind was racing with all of the things that can be made from a cable spool!
My perception might be a little off. I really thought two would fit back here, this one alone dented my wheel well a little bit. I will have to return my lease after dark.
Base was cut down to a smaller foot ledge. Side was cut & turned into a cabinet door to house our keg and supplies Metal tubing was cut and welded to hold bottles, and a space was cut and framed in to create a finished look.
A draft kit was added to the center. You can find more info on our blog. This is my first blog post, I would love to answer your questions. Come on over!

Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Whimsy and Wood

• Lana

OMYGOSH! My neighbor is selling about 8 of these large spools along with some mediums and smaller ones! I hadn't really paid much attention till NOW! This is pure genius! Now I may just be buying his spools myself, doing this and reselling!
    • Lana

Well, thanks. It is however, my husband David who is retired from National Grid power Co told me that the ones they had couldn't be reused due to being contaminated. He was never sure exactly what the contamination was but hazmat had to dispose of them. Maybe cable wires are different from electrical ones.
  • Christine

how does keg stay cold?

• Whimsy and Wood

I have more details on my blog post about this on my site along with links to the products I used. There is a special neoprene sleeve and ice blanket. It would be for use for a party/event, but otherwise need to be kept in a fridge until ready for use.

• Michelle Perram

What do you do with the YOLO bucket/container? It looks great!