Hose Pot Without the Hose Pot Price!

$20

I crafted my flower pot tower earlier this summer. I loved the look but hated the curled hose at the base. It just looked ugly, and it ruined the look! The cheapest hose pot I could find that was attractive and not plain was $50! I didn't want to spend that much, because I have a hose at the front and at the back. No, I'm not spending $100 just to hide hoses. So I put my crafter hat on and bought two large pots at the local home improvement store for $10 each! Check out the results below. MUCH better!
Begin by buying two plastic flower pots that are to your liking. I drilled drainage holes in the bottom to start, so that water doesn't pool in the bottom and can drain out.
Then, using a drill bit that will drill a hole, drill one in the back side of your pot large enough to let your hose slide through easily with some room to spare. In my case, that was 1 1/4". I already had the drill bit from another project.
Then feed the hose through the hole and wind the hose inside the pot avoiding kinks. That's it! All for $20 for two and $80 in savings!!!!

• Plastic Flower Pot  (Hose)
  • Drill bit that will make a hole  (Home improvement Store)

• Linda cooks

yes i will do this,also where did you get the flower tower I love that too.

• Matt

I made the tower. I painted 4 terra cotta pots with colorful spray paint, then stacked them on a piece of metal conduit that I drove into the ground. Added soil and stacked the pots in alternating directions. Since there was a bit of pipe standing out of the top pot, I used a solar light and pulled the spike out, the light pole was hollow and fit over the pipe perfectly.

• Pip

Ok you got me, why buy 2 flower pots? Love your idea, very clever.

• Patty V.

If you feed the hose through the pot, wouldn't it get aggravating when the pot moves as you pull the hose?

• Miriam I

How clever!

• Chu8737608

How clever and your pot tower is beautiful. The open hose pot would still bother me, so I'd be tempted to add a faux Boulder or perhaps a cover of some type (i.e a stone slab).